Just so typically me.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016


I made this little pink deer hat for a trade -- white/frost hats aside, I usually make these hats in variegated yarn, I think it looks better that way. But! I love pink, so I like how this looks. Not so much in pictures, but in person it looks soooo bubblegummy and nice. I'm making myself one out of the rest of the skein and I think I'm gonna froof it up ridiculously. Beading? Applique? Yes?!?!

Today I painted an embroidery hoop for that Lemongrab piece I did. I painted it gold, since the fabric has those gold triangles on it. This scrap of cardboard has been my palette for projects the past few years... I think you can tell that I like to paint things pink and gold.



Yep. "It me." I'm not saying that if I could start with a completely empty room like in The Sims and decorate it to my whims that it would look like that palette, but... it probably would. I'll let you know when I find a place for that Lemongrab piece. There's too much stuff on my walls already.

Here's one of the garlands (yes, plural) I made the other week hanging over my mirror -- this one doesn't have green, just pink, white, pink/white, and neutral goldish/white. It's highly unnecessary. Like, my room just plain does not need this.


(But doesn't my Enid Collins mouse box bag just ~go~ in my space? It's crazy. Also, those leis are left over from my birthday... not sure what to do with 'em. But they're not usually there. The bunny ears, however... yes. Always there.)

Oh, to close out this entry, I wanted to post about Mallow's dress. I never mentioned this dress in a haul or anything, but I snagged a House of Pinku dress last year (LAST YEAR!!!) and Mallow has been wearing it ever since. It's got this sweet heart beading on the bodice! It's presh to death. House of Pinku makes dresses I adore, but I never seem to catch them, and they are technically beyond my Blythe budget. I'm very good at sticking to that budget and am rarely tempted by things that bust it, but I don't mind going over it every now and again if it's for something I really love like this dress.


Underneath it is a MINI JIJO tutu skirt thing, and of course, Mallow was my helper model for the pink hat. With all this pink on, she looks like a blonde.

3 comments

  1. This hat is so cute! I love the bubblegum pink color. I have been on a pink run lately - I got some new nail polishes when Zoya was having a sale, and so many of them are pink! Given that I usually wear almost all dark colors, I think having pink nails is a nice contrast. I do have to say that I think I was inspired by your awesome love of pink things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pink love is PROBABLY contagious :) I thought the pink looked fab on you!! Sadly, I can't do pink or red nails... only cool colors and darker tones!

      Delete
    2. Contagious in a good way! Also, if you ever do feel like going there, I will say that red or red-based nail polishes are awesome for hiding the fact that your cuticles are red because you picked at them too much (not that YOU would ever do this, but I do). For some reason the red of the nail takes attention away from the finger around it! :)

      Delete