Moody!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pardon these blurry phone pics. I just put them together randomly for this post, but they are pics of some of my rings! Specifically, the upper shot is was taken the day before I lost that mood ring. I took the picture because I was anxious and it was lingering in a half green, half purple state, which I was bemused by.


I am in deep, deep mourning for my lost mood ring. I had to go through a metal detector at security someplace, and somehow it disappeared from the plastic tub where I had put my hoodie and this ring, delicately perched atop the folded hoodie. I even asked the security guards and they looked around for a few minutes for it. I don't know where it could've gone, but it's not in my hoodie's pockets or anything.

It wasn't an expensive ring, or anything. I got it at Claire's back in December, in a little set with a few other rings, for about $7. It's just that I've already gone back into Claire's to try and find the same ring set, as well as looked at their online store, and haven't been able to.

I have just recently gotten into wearing more rings, and different rings every day. My hands are small and my fingers are stumpy so I don't really like to call attention to them -- nor do I like sparkly, blingy rings. But dang it, I've worn the same ring every day for so long that I can't remember when I got it (I feel like it's been 10 years, or something), so it's been nice to shake things up.

Anyway, as much as I want that mood ring back, I don't need it to tell what kind of mood I am in. I'm in an abnormally low mood so far this month. This just happens sometimes, you know? Brain chemistry. It will pass, and until it does, I am just doing the best I can to take care of basic day-to-day things.

9 comments

  1. Oh, that's such a terrible feeling to lose something that is such a part of your everyday. I know that if I take my rings off (I only wear rings on two fingers) and don't put them back on right away I feel somehow naked! This also reminds me of a mood ring that I found in my mom's jewelry box when I was a kid. I wish I still had it, but I feel like it broke at some point (hazy memories). Lastly, this season is the worst for me for moods. It's so cold here, it is dark so much, and I just want to be a hermit more than ever (and I always want to be a hermit). I daydream about being able to work from home someday and never have to leave the house. That probably sounds awful to some people but it seems so ideal to me! I hope your brain chemistry turns itself around soon. Good for you for recognizing that's what it is, though. I know that so often I end up realizing that long after I should have seen it. Stupid brains! Sending you good mood thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the exact same way about the ring I typically wear. I'm sort of training myself out of that "eek, naked" feeling these days. Also, hermit life is THE LIFE, IMO!! Thanks so much for the good mood thoughts. I'm feeling better now that it's February! :)

      Delete
    2. Hermit Life forever! I should cross stitch that and hang it on the wall! :) Very glad to hear that you're feeling better!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jane, I LOVE your blog! so glad I found it by typing in "Pink." I'm sorry you lost your precious ring. That's a bummer, but cheer up as it's certainly an excuse to go buy two rings! I'm following now, please visit and follow me too! glitzaliciousgifts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Pink" is the word!! Thanks so much! I have more rings than ever now...

      Delete
  3. I had one of these back in the 70's and loved that ring. :D So sorry for your loss. :(

    ReplyDelete