just plum darling

Saturday, January 24, 2015


I'm loving Petaline in this dress from sleepforever. Even though it's very vintagey, she manages to look like a very prim schoolgirl with the headband, and prim is perfectly Petaline.

I paired it with Simply Peppermint's black headband, these purple tights I've had for a while (Petaline is not the type to flash her plastic, so if she's going to be showing leg, it's got to have tights or high boots!!), and Leopard Sass's super-adorable heeled oxfords. Love these shoes!


This past week I've mainly been asking the cosmos at large every day for my best friend to receive some news she's been waiting on for what seems like ages now. I feel like most corners of my brain are cobwebbed with thoughts and hopes for her, so even though I'm doing other stuff and working, I'm preoccupied and anchored. I know that what she's going through right now won't last forever, but it's been long enough already! We usually chat regularly but I haven't seen much of her since September, and even though we emoji at each other on iMessage, I really miss easier, faster, deeper real-time conversations with her... But mostly, I just want her to hear some good news and be able to rest at ease.

I've been practicing my knitting (still... always... I will always be practicing my knitting since I find it difficult, even just making squares) and thinking about trying hexipuffs again. I'm very intimidated. I did a few a while back, but DPNs, oh my lord.

Other stuff:
  • watching: Just about every episode of Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery, and other true crime shows on YouTube.
  • listening to: Florrie's Too Young To Remember
  • obsessed with: Sam/Rachel on Glee. Don't judge me. I've shipped them since season two -- it's my time to shine. A couple I like hasn't happened since Dan/Blair was too gold to stay on Gossip Girl. (I don't expect Samchel to be around for very long, either, so I gotta enjoy it while I can!!)

Post a Comment