Over the river and through the woods...

Tuesday, December 16, 2014


Today we decorated at my grandma's. I'm so thankful to have so much family in town. Here are those Noel letters with their elves I referred to back in my post about making our own Noel letters.




So cute! Here are some little bits from my grandma's tree, as well. I was getting some practice in with my 50mm lens (which I still suck at using).




This little red bird ornament was made by my younger sister and given to my grandma, who loves to bird-watch.


Here's my other younger sister, clutching a mug of hot apple cider. Dat bokeh though.


I always decorate the staircase with these cute stuffed things my grandma made at least thirty years ago. They have ribbons on them and we just tie them on, and they form a line marching up the stairs. They're so kitschy, and that's why I love 'em! I also haven't seen any similar decor anywhere else in my entire life! Garlands go on all the railings.


These may be boring to others, but to me, they are the height of nostalgia and instantly bring me back to lots of Christmas afternoons where I'd be camped out on the landing just behind these guys, all my loot all around me, happy as a clam...

Post a Comment