University of WHAT

Friday, January 11, 2013

Today I decided to get all eight of my Neo-sized Blythes down from their shelf and re-dress them all!  (Middie Bonnet just watched with her head titled.) I had just done a bunch of work and was listening to music and unwinding and having a grand ol' time.

I had only a couple of them dressed when my mom asked me if I'd like to run out for coffee and a snack with her. So I left my girls on my bed and put my good ol' fox hat on.

When we opened the front door to leave, there was a package on the doorstep. I assumed it was for my sister and picked it up without thinking, then said as it occurred to me, "This is the size of a Blythe box." You know how you can definitely identify the box by size and weight after enough de-boxings? I just knew it was a Blythe box. I stared at my mother, wondering: Did I buy a Blythe and manage to forget? What have I done? Why did I do that? I'm so broke right now! I told her urgently, "I didn't buy a Blythe!" However, it was from Hong Kong and I felt really sure about the feel of the package. I was kind of on the verge of a panic attack about my finances and selective memory loss before I noticed it was addressed to my nickname rather than my billing name, which is a sure sign that a friend has sent me something.

We opened it and inside was University of Love.

"I bet you anything this is from L," I said. A couple of years ago I bought one of my best friends, L, her first Blythe. She had taken an interest in them after seeing mine and I was happy to have a friend I could talk doll shop with, so I bought her Cassiopeia Spice, and I loved being able to do that. I got some emotional deja vu from the surprise factor of it all and from the full circle moment feeling. "L knows exactly what I like."

"Isn't she a doll?" my mom asked.  "A doll who sends dolls!"


By the time I got back to my girls, I was carrying this box with a brand new girl in it and took a picture because I thought it was so strange that I was literally in a pile of Blythes already.

I have to say, I am really gobsmacked. L had told me my Christmas present was on its way but I blanked so hard until I saw my nickname on the box! I literally thought, "Oh my God, I bought her and blocked it out, didn't I??"


This gorgeous creature has fluffy, immensely curly hair (which badly needs a treatment, as per usual, but is happily knot-free) and interestingly has the same low gaze on her pink set of front-facing chips that Coco Collette does. I am so intimidated by her glamorous Gossip Girl-ian feel. It's crazy how different and unique every Blythe feels in person.

I wonder what her name will be? I wonder what kind of gal she is?? I'm so surprised I'm struck dumb and am staring at her respectfully from a distance! Never did I dream my day would go this way.

Post a Comment