Middie window shopping

Friday, March 23, 2012

Do you ever see a dress and think, "Oh, that's totally my girl!"

Aury can wear anything by virtue of being a blonde who has an all around fun and sweet personality, there's nothing she does not love. And my blue-haired Drew is very amenable to lots of different looks. But Miss Beatrix just has a more librarian feel about her and prefers to look suitably vintage and/or polished. Plummery wears lots of layers and more muted colors, so she's always looking mori; if it doesn't have layers she just seems to feel not like herself. Miss Petaline (yes, "Miss" gets suffixed in the case of pickier girls) is absolutely the hardest to shop for. It's a rare day when I see a Petaline dress -- and an even rarer day when it isn't kind of expensive for my Blythe budget. She gets all the best duds.

I once got into a discussion with my friend L about attributing personality traits to my Blythes; I said it was not a voluntary decision that I made, that I just "felt" these things kind of automatically about them, while L disagreed and thought it was purely my personal preference. Then she got a Blythe, and I think she knows what I mean now ;)  Some girls just have their own style! Although, to be fair, I am eccentric.

Shopping for a Middie is way hard, because there just aren't a lot of Middie clothes out there in general (right now on Etsy there's only 7 pages of results, compared to a billion or so pages of results for Neo-sized Blythe) and I cannot find things that seem very Bonnet-y. There are lots of dresses I love that just don't seem to suit how she feels to me. Nevertheless I favorite them!


Love these very Macaron Q-Tea Party-suitable duds, a green crochet dress with a cute bow by bunnybrownie and springy pink and green floral dress by the lovely Tea from Taffeta Day!


This polka-dot number by hiblythe is a total Beatrix dress. If she ever shrinks in the middle of the night, I'm buyin' it for her!


Whilst fussy (I love fussy!), the allure of this minty Alice dress from kreamdoll is very great! It would go with Macaron Q-Tea Pot's minty stock Mary Janes, too.

Alas, Bonnet just hasn't found her personal style yet!

Post a Comment